Sunday, December 28, 2008

You named it

Hofberger, the Chevy salesmand in Tomcat, Va., a suburb of Washington, called up Littleton , of Littleton Menswear & Haberdashery, and said, "Good news, the new [Chevrolets] have just come in and I've put one aside for you and your wife."
Littleton said, "I can't, Hofberger, my wife and I are getting a divorce." " I'm sorry," Littleton said, "but I can't afford a new car this year. After I settle with my wite, I'll be lucky to buy a bicycle."
Hofberger hung up. His phone rang a few minutes later. "This is Bedcheck the painter," the voice on the other end said. " When do you want us to start painting your house?"
"I changed my mind,"said Hofberger, "I'm not going to paint the house."
But I ordered the paint, "Bedcheck said. "Why did you change your mind?"
" Because Littleton is getting a divorce and he can't afford a new car."
That evening when Bedcheck came home his wife said, "The new color television set arrived from Gladstone's TV Shop."
"Take it back, " Bedcheck told his wife.
"Why?" she demanded.
"Because Hofverger isn't going to have his house painted now that the Littletons are getting a divorce."
The new day Mrs. Bedcheck dragged the TV set in its carton back to Gladtone. "We don't want it."
Gladstone's face dropped. He immediately called his travel agent, Sandtorm. "You know that trip you had scheduled for me to the Virgin Islands?"
"Right, the tickets are all written up"

No comments: